Prospective parents have lots of choices for their children's education. We believe that a St. Timothy education offers unique advantages, and we're working to let more prospective parents know about our small and mighty school! Here, students receive individual attention, families are supported by a vibrant and engaged community, and we are all united in celebration of our shared Catholic faith.
Prospective parents like to learn about the teachers who will teach and guide their children. Parents in Mrs. Johnson's class have shared how her blog was a big factor in choosing St. Timothy. Getting a feel for the classroom and the teacher made them excited to be a part of St. Timothy School. We have such a great faculty - we're eager for prospective parents to get to know you.
We did an informal survey of parents of different ages and learned:
- All parents want to know that their children's teachers are well-educated and qualified to teach their children.
- All parents are eager to discover that you are real, relatable human beings who are excited to help their children learn and grow.
- Parents of children in K - 3 are particularly interested in knowing that you will be kind and loving.
- Parents in grades 4 and 5 are beginning to shift their focus toward academics and personal responsibility.
- Middle school parents are interested to learn how you will help build the foundational skills to prepare them for academic and social success in high school and beyond.
- All parents want to know that teachers are accessible and responsive.
Please review the sample bios below and then provide some information so we can get your bio page started!
Mrs. Sally Teacher
- St. Timothy School, Bishop Watterson High School
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Education
- Early Childhood Education (K-8), State of Ohio
- Orton-Gillingham Certified Reading Specialist
My Job(s) here at St. Tim:
- Head teacher, X grade
- Assistant Coach, Cross Country
- Literacy Specialist, Orton-Gillingham
- Lector and greeter, St. Timothy Church
I'm Mrs. Sally Teacher, the lead teacher for the X grade here at St. Timothy. I'm also an alumnus and a school parent, with two of my own children enrolled here at St. Timothy! I love being a part of this school community, especially working with the aide for grade X, Mr. Allan Aide. We make a great team, and it's our privilege to work with your children in grade X, who are so sweet and eager to learn! I am a huge Buckeye fan, and I love watching football. When I'm not here at school, you can usually find me at my kids' sporting events and other activities. When I can, I love to read and run.
Get In Touch:
Every day, Mr. Aide and I share homework assignments and other information about the day-to-day classroom operations of Grade X with parents and students on our school's password-protected information portal, SchoolSpeak.
We also regularly update a blog with pictures and news about events in our classroom. This is such a fun way to keep parents, grandparents, and friends up to date and in the loop about Grade X at St. Timothy School. Check us out!
Mr. Allan Aide
- Kent State University, Bachelor of Science in American History
MY JOB(S) HERE AT ST. TIM:
- Aide, X Grade
- Eucharistic Minister, St. Timothy Church
I'm Mr. Allan Aide, the aide for the X grade here at St. Timothy. I work closely in the classroom with Mrs. Sally Teacher, especially when the children are in small groups or working individually. My favorite part of being involved in Grade X is when the kids put on the Christmas show. They work so hard, and it's great to see them perform for their parents and families.
When I'm not here at school, I love to play with my dog, Max, and work in the garden. I had a huge zucchini crop last year!
Mrs. Mandy Williams
- Ohio Dominican College, Bachelor of Science in Education
- St. Francis DeSales High School, St. Matthew Elementary School
- State of Ohio, Early Childhood Education (K-8)
- Orton-Gillingham, Classroom Educator Certification
- Orton-Gillingham, Math Certification
MY JOB(S) HERE AT ST. TIM:
- Head teacher, 1st grade
- Orton-Gillingham Tutor
- Girls On The Run Coach, grades 3-5
- Grandparents' Day Coordinator
- Enrichment Night Coordinator
I'm Mrs. Mandy Williams, the 1st grade teacher here at St. Tim. My husband and I are also St. Timothy School parents, with all four of our own children enrolled here at St. Timothy School. I love being a part of this community, and working with all of the families. As a first grade teacher, I get to do lots of fun kids stuff - we play at recess, build things in the classroom, and use our imaginations every day! I share my own love of reading with these young learners, and as an Orton-Gillingham specialist, I can use techniques to help even the most reluctant readers make huge strides. First grade readers undergo an amazing transformation throughout the year - and I love being a part of it.
When I'm not here at school, you can usually find me at my kids' sporting events and other activities. When I can, I love to run, read, play with my dog, Hank, and visit the beach. I am a huge Ohio State Buckeye fan, and our family really enjoys watching football together.
GET IN TOUCH:
In the first grade classroom, I am actively involved with my students during the majority of the school day. I encourage parents to stay in touch with me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) any time there's a question or problem. From there, I can either answer your question directly or we can arrange a time to talk on the phone or meet in person. In the case of an emergency, I ask parents to call the school office at (614)451-0739.
Each week, I will share homework assignments and other information about the day-to-day classroom operations of Grade 1 with parents on our school's password-protected information portal, SchoolSpeak. First grade parents are encouraged to check SchoolSpeak regularly for updates on homework and upcoming activities and events. In the 1st grade, we also communicate with parents weekly through the courier pack that comes home with the youngest child in the family.