Students in grades K - 8 have opportunities to participate in team sports. With generous support of the Men's Club, we are able to offer team sports for fees that are among the lowest in the diocese.
- K - 8: Soccer
- 4 - 8: Football, Volleyball, Cheer, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field
- 6 - 8: Golf, Cross Country
GIRLS ON THE RUN
St. Timothy has been proud to participate in Girls On The Run since 2013. Girls on the Run is a life-changing, non-profit program for girls in the 3rd through 8th grade. The mission of Girls On The Run is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Sign-ups are in the winter for spring sessions.
Students at St. Timothy School have ample opportunity to explore and discover their talents in the arts. Students attend weekly art classes and explore different techniques and media. In addition, students attend weekly music classes with regular concerts and shows for each grade. The art and music classes work together to put on the annual Evening With The Arts each spring, showcasing the talent and hard work of St. Timothy students! In addition to weekly art and music classes, we offer:
- Tiger Theatre: after-school performing arts program for students grades 2- 8
- Children's Choir: for students K - 8
- Little Rembrandts: after-school illustration class, offered based on interest
- Bishop Watterson Marching Band: students in grades 4 - 8 work with a band instructor from Bishop Watterson High School to learn to read music, play an instrument, and be part of an ensemble. Students participate in two concerts each year, along with students from other BWHS feeder schools and the BWHS Marching Band.
The rigorous Diocesan course of study at St. Timothy School prepares students for academic success at Bishop Watterson and other college-preparatory high schools. St. Timothy students seeking additional academic challenge may choose to participate in extracurricular programs:
- Power of the Pen
- Battle of the Books
- Geography Bee
- and more!
FAITH FORMATION & COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Parish ministries: Students are encouraged to become active in the life of the parish by serving in parish ministries. As early as 5th grade, students may undergo training and begin altar serving at weekday and weekend Masses. Once confirmed, students may choose to become eucharistic ministers and cantors. Students participate in the weekly School Mass as lectors, greeters, servers, gift bearers, cantors, and ushers.
- Catechesis of The Good Shepherd (CGS): We believe that God and the child have a unique relationship with one another particularly before the age of six and that the growth of this relationship should be assisted by the adult, but is directed by the Spirit of God within the child. Children need their own place to foster the growth of that relationship. We believe that the child’s spiritual growth is best served through tangible but indirect means. At St. Timothy, children in the lower grades spend time in our Catechesis of the Good Shepherd atrium, learning about their faith through the unique Montessori-style lessons of The Cathechesis of the Good Shephered curriculum. Older children may volunteer to assist. Learn more about CGS here, or contact Rita Feige, St. Timothy Director of Religious Education at email@example.com.
- Beta Club: St. Timothy's chapter of the National Beta Club promotes the ideals of character, service and leadership among our students, rewards meritorious achievement, and encourages and assists students in continuing their education in high school and beyond. For more information, contact St. Timothy Beta Club Sponsor Leslie Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-457-0362.
- Class Retreat at Damascus Catholic Mission Campus. Each class in grades 6 - 8 spends dedicated time in retreat together. Students experience their faith coming alive for themselves through high adventure activities, worship ministry, adoration, games and much more.
- Youth Group: St. Timothy Church and School has an active, lively youth group for both middle school and high school students. Learn more HERE or contact our youth minister, Dan McCallister (email@example.com).